Shelf Life Tips
- How long does cooked beef soup last in the fridge or freezer? The precise answer to that question depends to a large extent on storage conditions - refrigerate beef soup within two hours of cooking.
- To maximize the shelf life of cooked beef soup for safety and quality, refrigerate the beef soup promptly in covered airtight containers.
- Properly stored, cooked beef soup will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- To further extend the shelf life of cooked beef soup, freeze it; freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
- How long does cooked beef soup last in the freezer? Properly stored, it will maintain best quality for about 4 to 6 months, but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only - cooked beef soup that has been kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.
- How long does cooked beef soup last after being frozen and thawed? Cooked beef soup that has been thawed in the fridge can be kept for an additional 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator before cooking; beef soup that was thawed in the microwave or in cold water should be eaten immediately.
- How long can cooked beef soup be safely left out at room temperature? Bacteria grow rapidly at temperatures between 40 °F and 140 °F; cooked beef soup should be discarded if left for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
- How to tell if cooked beef soup is bad? If cooked beef soup develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, or if mold appears, it should be discarded.
About Our Authors
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here