- Pantry time shown is for storage in a cool (50Â° - 60°F) dry area; if kept at normal room temperature, storage times will be shorter.
- Refrigeration is not recommended, as it will harm the texture and flavor.
- Raw squash does not freeze well; cook before freezing.
- To freeze: (1) Wash squash, then cook until soft; (2) Remove pulp from rind and mash; (3) Let cool and place in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
- Freezer time shown is for best quality only - foods kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here