Shelf Life Tips
- How long do donuts last? The precise answer to that question depends to a large extent on storage conditions - keep freshly baked donuts (or doughnuts) in a dry area.
- To maximize the shelf life of donuts, cover with foil or plastic wrap or place in plastic bag to prevent drying out.
- How long do donuts last at room temperature? Properly stored, freshly baked donuts (not cream-filled) will last for about 1 to 2 days at normal room temperature; cream-filled donuts should be stored in the refrigerator.
- How long do donuts last in the refrigerator? Freshly baked donuts will keep well for about 1 week in the fridge when properly stored.
- Can you freeze donuts? Yes, to freeze: wrap donuts tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place in heavy-duty freezer bag.
- How long do donuts last in the freezer? Properly stored, they will maintain best quality for about 2 to 3 months, but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only - donuts that have been kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.
- How to tell if donuts are bad or spoiled? The best way is to smell and look at the donuts: discard any that have an off smell or appearance; if mold appears, discard the donuts.
About Our Authors
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here