French toast is a classic weekend treat. But it also freezes well and is a snap to reheat. Follow these easy instructions to enjoy delicious French toast any day of the week!
How to freeze French toast:
· Cook French toast according to recipe instructions and allow to cool on a wire rack.
· Place a sheet of wax paper between each slice of French toast.
· Wrap the French toast stack tightly in aluminum foil or place inside a heavy-duty freezer bag and freeze.
· Use the frozen French toast within 1 to 2 months for best quality.
How to reheat frozen French toast:
· Oven method: Place frozen French toast in a single layer on a cookie sheet and cover with foil. Bake in a 375°F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until hot.
· Toaster method: Pop the frozen slices into the toaster, or toaster oven, and toast until thoroughly warmed through and crisp. (You may need to toast the slices a second time.)
<< Back to Shelf Talk main page