- How long do cut strawberries last? The exact answer to that question depends to a large extent on storage conditions - keep cut-up strawberries refrigerated.
- To maximize the shelf life of cut strawberries, wrap tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or place in covered container or resealable plastic bag and refrigerate.
- How long do cut strawberries last in the fridge? Properly stored, cut strawberries will last for about 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Can you freeze cut strawberries? Yes, to freeze: (1) Place washed, cut strawberries, cut side down, on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper (2) Place uncovered cookie sheet in the freezer for several hours, until frozen (3 )Transfer frozen strawberries to covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
- How long do cut strawberries last in the freezer? Properly stored, they will maintain best quality for about 10 to 12 months, but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only - strawberries that have been kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.
- How to tell if strawberries are bad or spoiled? Strawberries that are spoiling will typically become soft and mushy and their color will deteriorate; discard strawberries if mold appears or if the strawberries have an off smell or appearance.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here