Shelf Life Tips
- How long does an opened package of tempeh last in the fridge or freezer? The exact answer to that question depends to a large extent on storage conditions - keep tempeh refrigerated at all times.
- How long does an opened package of tempeh last in the refrigerator? After tempeh is opened, it may be refrigerated for about 5 to 7 days.
- Can you freeze tempeh? Yes, to freeze: Place tempeh in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags, or wrap tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil or freezer wrap.
- How long does tempeh last in the freezer? Properly stored, unopened tempeh will maintain best quality for about 10 to 12 months in the freezer, but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only - tempeh that has been kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.
- How to tell if tempeh is bad? The best way is to smell and look at the tempeh: if tempeh develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, or if mold appears, it should be discarded.
About Our Authors
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here