- How long does an opened package of tofu last in the fridge or freezer? The exact answer to that question depends to a large extent on storage conditions - keep tofu refrigerated at all times.
- How long does an opened package of tofu last in the refrigerator? After tofu is opened, it may be refrigerated for about 3 to 5 days.
- To maximize the shelf life of opened tofu, place the tofu in a covered container and submerge the tofu in fresh water; change water daily.
- Can you freeze tofu? Yes, to freeze: (1) Drain the water from the tofu; (2) Freeze tofu in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags, or wrap tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil or freezer wrap.
- How long does tofu last in the freezer? Properly stored, unopened tofu will maintain best quality for about 4 to 6 months in the freezer, but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only - tofu that has been kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.
- How to tell if tofu is bad? The best way is to smell and look at the tofu: if tofu develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, or if mold appears, it should be discarded.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here