Shelf Life Tips
- How long does shepherd™s pie last? The precise answer to that question depends to a large extent on storage conditions - keep freshly baked shepherd's pie refrigerated.
- How long can shepherd™s pie be left at room temperature? Bacteria grow rapidly at temperatures between 40 °F and 140 °F; shepherd™s pie should be discarded if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
- How long does shepherd™s pie last in the fridge? Freshly baked shepherd™s pie will keep for about 3 to 5 days in the fridge; refrigerate covered with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
- Can you freeze shepherd™s pie? Yes, to freeze: wrap shepherd™s pie tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place in heavy-duty freezer bag.
- How long does shepherd™s pie last in the freezer? Properly stored, it will maintain best quality for about 4 to 6 months, but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only - shepherd™s pie that has been kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.
- How to tell if shepherd™s pie is bad or spoiled? The best way is to smell and look at the shepherd™s pie: discard any that has an off smell or appearance; if mold appears, discard the shepherd™s pie.
About Our Authors
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here