- Keep refrigerated and tightly covered.
- If cheese slices develop an off odor, flavor or appearance, they should be discarded for quality purposes.
- To freeze: wrap cheese slices tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap or place in heavy-duty freezer bags.
- Frozen cheese may become crumbly and lose some of its flavor; the thawed cheese will be best suited to cooked dishes, such as sauces, soups and casseroles.
- Freezer time shown is for best quality only - foods kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here