- The precise answer to the question ? How long does stuffing last? depends to a large extent on storage conditions - refrigerate within two hours of cooking.
- To maximize the shelf life of leftover stuffing, refrigerate in covered airtight containers.
- When reheating stuffing, heat to a minimum internal temperature of 165 °F before serving.
- To further extend the shelf life of stuffing, freeze it; freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
- How long does stuffing last in the freezer for safety purposes? The freezer time shown is for best quality only - foods kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.
- How long does turkey stuffing last at room temperature? Bacteria grow rapidly at temperatures between 40 °F and 140 °F; stuffing should be discarded if left for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
- How to tell if stuffing is bad? The best way is to smell and look at the stuffing; discard any stuffing with an off smell or appearance, do not taste the stuffing first.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here