- Refrigerate after opening to maintain best quality; keep package tightly closed.
- If cheese develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, it should be discarded for quality purposes; if mold appears, discard the entire package.
- Freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
- Frozen Parmesan may lose some of its flavor and texture; the thawed cheese will be best suited to cooked dishes, such as sauces, soups and casseroles.
- Freezer time shown is for best quality only - foods kept constantly frozen at 0℉ will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here