- Keep refrigerated and tightly covered.
- If cheese develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, it should be discarded for quality purposes; if mold appears, discard the entire package.
- To freeze: wrap cheese tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap or place in heavy-duty freezer bags.
- Frozen Neufchatel may become crumbly and lose some of its flavor; the thawed cheese will be best suited to cooked dishes, such as sauces, soups and casseroles.
- Freezer time shown is for best quality only — foods kept constantly frozen at 0° F will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here