- Refrigerate within two hours of cooking.
- Refrigerate cooked soup in covered containers.
- Freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
- Potatoes and pasta contained in soup may become mushy when thawed.
- To prevent cream-based soups from curdling, stir well when reheating frozen soup.
- Freezer time shown is for best quality only — foods kept constantly frozen at 0° F will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here