- The precise answer to the question ? How long does garlic last? depends to a large extent on storage conditions - keep garlic in a cool dry area at all times.
- Pantry time shown is for storage in moderately warm (55Â°- 60Â°F) area; at higher room temperatures, the shelf life of garlic will be shorter.
- Once the whole garlic bulb is broken, individual cloves will last unpeeled for about 7-10 days at room temperature.
- To freeze garlic: (1) Wrap whole, unpeeled bulbs in plastic freezer wrap or aluminum foil, or place in airtight container or freezer bag and remove individual cloves from freezer as needed; or (2) Peel then chop or crush garlic and wrap tightly in plastic freezer wrap or aluminum foil, or place in airtight container or freezer bag.
- How long does garlic last in the freezer for safety purposes? The freezer time shown is for best quality only - foods kept constantly frozen at 0℉ will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here