- Store in cool, dry area; keep tightly covered after opening.
- Freezing is recommended in hot, humid environments.
- Storage time shown is for best quality only — after that, the bread crumbs' texture, color or flavor may change, but in most cases, they will still be safe to consume if they have been stored properly.
- If bread crumbs develop an off odor, flavor or appearance, they should be discarded for quality purposes; if mold appears, discard entire product.
- “Best By,” “Best if Used By,” and “Use By” dates on commercially packaged foods sold in the United States represent the manufacturer's estimate of how long the product will remain at peak quality — in most cases, the unopened bread crumbs will still be safe to consume after that date, as long as they have been stored properly and the package is not damaged.
- Freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
- Freezer time shown is for best quality only — foods kept constantly frozen at 0° F will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here