- How long does a package of taco seasoning mix last? The precise answer depends to a large extent on storage conditions - to maximize the shelf life of taco seasoning mix store in a cool, dry area.
- How long does taco seasoning mix last at room temperature? Properly stored, a package of taco seasoning mix will generally stay at best quality for about 2-3 years at room temperature.
- To maximize the shelf life of taco seasoning mix, keep the package tightly closed at all times.
- Is taco seasoning mix safe to use after the "expiration" date on the package? Yes, provided it is properly stored and the package is undamaged - commercially packaged taco seasoning mix will typically carry a " Best By," "Best if Used By," "Best Before", or "Best When Used By" date but this is not a safety date, it is the manufacturer's estimate of how long the taco seasoning mix will remain at peak quality.
- Storage time shown is for best quality only - after that, the taco seasoning mix's texture, color or flavor may change, but in most cases, it will still be safe to consume if it has been stored properly, the package is undamaged, and there are no signs of spoilage (see below).
- How can you tell if taco seasoning mix is bad or spoiled? The best way is to smell and look at the taco seasoning mix: if the taco seasoning mix develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, or if mold appears, it should be discarded.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here