- Keep refrigerated; do not open package until ready to use.
- If mold that is not a normal part of the manufacturing process appears on the blue cheese, discard the entire package.
- To freeze, place original packaging in freezer; if freezing for longer than 2 months, place package inside a heavy-duty freezer bag in order to prevent freezer burn.
- Frozen cheese may lose some of its texture and flavor; the thawed cheese will be best suited to cooked dishes, such as sauces, soups and casseroles.
- Freezer time shown is for best quality only — foods kept constantly frozen at 0° F will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here