- Store in cool, dry area; to extend shelf life, freeze.
- Storage time shown is for best quality only - after that, the product's texture, color or flavor may change, but in most cases, the unopened snack cakes will still be safe to consume if they have been stored properly and each package is still sealed.
- If cakes develop an off odor, flavor or appearance, they should be discarded for quality purposes.
- To freeze, remove cakes from original packaging and wrap tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place in heavy-duty freezer bag.
- "Best By, Best if Used By, and Use By dates on commercially packaged foods sold in the United States represent the manufacturer's estimate of how long the product will remain at peak quality - in most cases, the unopened snack cakes will still be safe to consume after that date, as long as they have been stored properly and the package is not damaged.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here