- Store in dark cupboard away from direct heat or sunlight.
- Do not refrigerate until 1-2 days before drinking.
- Most ready-to-drink wines are at their best quality within 3 years of production, although the unopened wine will generally remain safe to drink after that time; fine wines can retain their quality for up to 100 years.
- If wine develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, it should be discarded for quality purposes.
- If storing wine for more than a few weeks, it is best to place the bottle on its side rather than standing it upright - this will keep the cork moist and airtight.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here