- Refrigerate within two hours of cooking.
- If stuffed, remove stuffing to a separate container before refrigerating or freezing leftovers.
- Refrigerate cooked poultry in shallow airtight containers or wrap tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
- Freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags, or wrap tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil or freezer wrap.
- Freezer time shown is for best quality only — foods kept constantly frozen at 0° F will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here