- Store in cool, dry area — if package was sold refrigerated, store in refrigerator for best results.
- If cheese product develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, it should be discarded for quality purposes.
- Freeze in airtight containers or place in heavy-duty freezer bags.
- Frozen cheese product may lose some of its texture and flavor; the thawed cheese product will be best suited to cooked dishes, such as sauces, soups and casseroles.
- Freezer time shown is for best quality only — foods kept constantly frozen at 0° F will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here