- Keep refrigerated and covered in liquid contained in package.
- If cheese develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, it should be discarded; if mold appears, discard the cheese entirely.
- To freeze, drain cheese and wrap tightly in plastic freezer wrap or aluminum foil or place in heavy-duty freezer bag.
- Frozen cheese may lose some of its texture and flavor; the thawed cheese will be best suited to cooked dishes, such as sauces, soups and casseroles.
- Freezer time shown is for best quality only — foods kept constantly frozen at 0° F will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here