- The precise answer to the question “How long does turkey gravy last?” depends to a large extent on storage conditions — refrigerate within two hours of cooking.
- To maximize the shelf life of turkey gravy, refrigerate in covered airtight containers.
- When reheating turkey gravy, always bring the gravy to a rolling boil before serving.
- To further extend the shelf life of turkey gravy, freeze it; freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
- How long does turkey gravy last in the freezer for safety purposes? The freezer time shown is for best quality only — foods kept constantly frozen at 0° F will keep safe indefinitely.
- How long does turkey gravy last at room temperature? Bacteria grow rapidly at temperatures between 40 °F and 140 °F; turkey gravy should be discarded if left for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
- How to tell if turkey gravy is bad? The best way is to smell and look at the gravy; discard any gravy with an off smell or appearance, do not taste the gravy first.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please