- Keep refrigerated and tightly sealed.
- Once package is opened, consume or freeze cheese within the time shown for refrigeration, even if the "Best By," "Best if Used By," or "Use By" date has not yet been reached.
- If cheese develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, it should be discarded; if mold appears, discard the entire package.
- To freeze, tightly seal original packaging and place in freezer; if freezing for longer than 2 months, place package inside a heavy-duty freezer bag in order to prevent freezer burn.
- Frozen cheese may lose some of its texture and flavor; the thawed cheese will be best suited to cooked dishes, such as sauces, soups and casseroles.
- Freezer time shown is for best quality only — foods kept constantly frozen at 0° F will keep safe indefinitely.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here