- Store in cool, dry area; after opening, keep package tightly closed.
- Refrigeration or freezing is recommended in very hot, humid environments (over 80Â°F).
- Freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
- Storage time shown is for best quality only - after that, the candy's texture, color or flavor may change, but in most cases, it will still be safe to consume if it has been stored properly.
- If candy develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, it should be discarded for quality purposes.
- ? Best By, ? Best if Used By, and ? Use By dates on commercially packaged foods sold in the United States represent the manufacturer's estimate of how long the product will remain at peak quality - in most cases, the candy will still be safe to consume after that date, as long as it has been stored properly and the package is not damaged.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here