It's happened again: A recipe called for only a sprig of fresh herbs, but you had to buy the whole bunch.
No need to waste the rest! You can freeze fresh herbs easily and you'll find it so convenient to have them on hand for flavoring your favorite soups, sauces and other cooked dishes. Just follow these simple steps for freezing fresh herbs:
• Wash, trim and chop the fresh herbs.
• Allow the herbs to dry thoroughly and then either:
- place herbs into heavy-duty freezer bags, or
- put herbs in ice cube trays with a small amount of water, freeze and then transfer the cubes to freezer bags.
• After freezing fresh herbs, use within 6 months for best quality.