Quick Tip: How to Freeze Fresh Herbs
It's happened again: A recipe called for only a sprig of herbs, but you had to buy the whole bunch.
No need to waste the rest. Fresh herbs are easy to freeze and so convenient to have on hand for flavoring your favorite soups, sauces and other cooked dishes. Just follow these simple steps:
• Wash, trim and chop the fresh herbs.
• Allow the herbs to dry thoroughly and then either:
- place herbs into heavy-duty freezer bags, or
- put herbs in ice cube trays with a small amount of water, freeze and then transfer the cubes to freezer bags.
• Use frozen herbs within 6 months for best quality.
<< Back to Shelf Talk main page