- How long does unopened white wine last? The precise answer depends to a large extent on storage conditions - to maximize the shelf life of unopened white wine, store in a cool, dark cupboard, away from direct heat or sunlight.
- To maximize the shelf life of unopened white wine, place the bottle on its side rather than standing it upright - this will keep the cork moist and airtight.
- How long does unopened white wine last? Most ready-to-drink wines are at their best quality within 3 to 5 years of production, although they will stay safe indefinitely if properly stored; fine wines can retain their quality for many decades.
- Should an unopened bottle of white wine be stored in the refrigerator? For best quality, unopened white wine should not be refrigerated until 1-2 days before drinking.
- How to tell if white wine has gone bad? The best way is to smell and look at the white wine: if white wine develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, it should be discarded for quality purposes.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here