- Store in cool, dry area.
- Refrigeration or freezing is recommended in very hot, humid environments (over 80°F).
- Freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
- Storage time shown is for best quality only - after that, the candy's texture, color or flavor may change, but in most cases, it will still be safe to consume if it has been stored properly.
- If candy develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, it should be discarded for quality purposes.
- Best By, Best if Used By, and Use By dates on commercially packaged foods sold in the United States represent the manufacturer's estimate of how long the product will remain at peak quality - in most cases, the candy will still be safe to consume after that date, as long as it has been stored properly and the package is not damaged.
Sources: For details about data sources used for food storage information, please click here